2023-2024 Registration and Audition Deadlines
April 14 – June 9
- Before auditioning, please review important program changes for the upcoming season.
- All students (NEW & returning) must complete their registration and upload their auditions to the Acceptd platform no later than June 9, 2023.
- Depending on ensemble needs, selected NEW students may register and audition until July 31, 2023. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information after June 9.
- SDYS will no longer offer students the option to join mid-year. All students, including marching band students, are expected to join in the fall. Please review our Ensembles Page or updated rehearsal calendars, which take marching band student schedules into consideration.
- Students with little to no experience do not need to submit an audition, please fill out this form.
How to Audition
To audition for the 2023-2024 season all students MUST complete the following steps:
- Complete your Registration for SDYS and pay the non-refundable registration fee by June 9. (The $40 fee increases to $50 on May 22): Register Here!
- Review and prepare all audition requirements listed by instrument below.
- This includes scales, solo piece(s), and orchestral excerpt. NO piano accompaniment.
- Specific repertoire for each instrument can be found in the Audition Requirements by Instrument section below.
- It is recommended that you review the repertoire requirements with your private or school music teacher.
- Intermediate and advanced students may apply for leadership by submitting an extra video answering a specific prompt.
- Complete Audition Application online via Acceptd by June 9: Audition Here!
- Results will be available by June 30. Results will not be given over the phone.
Be sure to review all details, requirements, and deadlines for your registration, and contact the SDYS team with any questions: email@example.com, 619.233.3232 extension 4.
2023-2024 Audition Requirements By Instrument
All Auditions are now open for the 23-24 season.
Solos should be performed with NO piano accompaniment.