The Encore Fund
Designed to Promote Student Success
For more than 75 years, San Diego Youth Symphony has provided outstanding music education experiences to young people and their families regardless of their ability to pay. As our programs have grown, so has our understanding that tuition assistance is only the first step.
What is the Encore Fund?
The Encore Fund goes even further by providing more comprehensive assistance designed to promote student success. In addition to direct tuition assistance, your investment in the Encore Fund provides:
• Group or private lessons free of charge
• Instrument loans to students who need them
• Free instrumental supplies, cases and repairs
• Performance clothing to students who don’t have formal wear
• Free concert tickets to scholarship families
• Parent engagement programs and a parent liaison position
• Community-based programs that bring music into our schools
How does this help?
• Students who receive assistance through the Encore Fund have a better chance
of advancing through our program at the same or similar rate as their peers.
• It makes SDYS more reflective of the communities we serve and builds bridges
between our programs.
For more information, contact SDYS Individual Giving Manager Terry Williams, at email@example.com or call 619-233-3232 x116.