- This event has passed.
Fall Concerts – Inspiration: Overture Winds, Overture Strings, Symphonic Strings
Nov 14, 1:00 pm
Join us for the season’s first performances by the Overture Winds, Overture Strings, and Symphonic Strings ensembles from our Inspiration foundational-level program.
COVID-19 Policy for Guests and Performers
All guests and performers must show proof of full vaccination OR negative PCR test within 72 hours to enter performance venues.
- All guests over the age of 16 years must provide proof of being fully vaccinated OR a negative PCR test within 72 hours for entry (defined by the California Department of Public Health at this time as 14 days or more after receiving the second dose in a 2-dose series, or 14 days or more after receiving a single-dose vaccine).
- Trained staff will review your proof of vaccination/PCR Test and ensure it matches your photo ID (for those over 18). Please plan to arrive early to allow time for check-in. Guests who do not comply will not be admitted.
Accepted proof of vaccination includes the following options:
- A physical vaccination card
- A picture of your vaccination card
- A digital vaccination record
Most California residents may request a digital vaccination record at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov.
Guests over the age of six (6) and those who need a reasonable accommodation for medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to entering a venue. Find No-Cost Testing here
- 16 years and older: Must show proof of vaccination; or if unable to be vaccinated due to a medical conditions or a sincerely held religious belief they must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to entering a venue.
- 12 - 15 year olds: Must either show proof of vaccination OR have a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours.
- 6 - 11 year olds: Must show proof of a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours.
- Under age 6: There is no requirement
This applies to all patrons and performers.
OVERTURE WINDS | Chris Lea, Conductor
Ingenuity (March) by Larry Clarck (b. 1963)
Shakespeare Meets Godzilla by Robert Buckley (b. 1946)
Blinding Lights by The Weeknd (b. 1990), arr. M. Kamuf
OVERTURE STRINGS | Lowri Casimiro, Conductor
– Courtly Dance & Procession by Brian Balmages (b. 1975)
– Hiawatha by Soon Hee Newbold (b. 1974)
– The Cuckoo Clock Lauren Bernofsky (b. 1967)
– Sourwood Mountain – Traditional, arr. C. L. Gruselle
SYMPHONIC STRINGS | Ulli Reiner, Conductor
Bagatelle for Strings by Al Cechvala (1923–2007)
(You Are) Amazing by Brian Balmages (b. 1975)
El Rancho Grande – Traditional, arr. Mark O’Connor
Escondido, CA 92025 United States
San Diego Youth Symphony and Conservatory
(619) 233 3232
Inspiration, Overture Winds, Overture Strings, Symphonic Strings