- This event has passed.
Fall Concerts – Ovation: Symphony Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra
Nov 14, 6:00 pm
SDYS’ Ovation concert is generously underwritten by Phyllis Yates.
We welcome Barbara Scowcroft, of the Utah Symphony Orchestra and Utah Youth Orchestras and Ensembles as guest conductor. A violinist for the Utah Symphony and Music Director and Conductor for Utah Youth Orchestras, Barbara has been immersed in ensemble performance for over 35 years. She is an Adjunct Associate Professor at the University of Utah and conducted the World Youth Orchestra for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.
COVID-19 Policy for Guests and Performers
All guests and performers must show proof of full vaccination OR negative PCR test within 72 hours to enter performance venues.
- All guests over the age of 16 years must provide proof of being fully vaccinated OR a negative PCR test within 72 hours for entry (defined by the California Department of Public Health at this time as 14 days or more after receiving the second dose in a 2-dose series, or 14 days or more after receiving a single-dose vaccine).
- Trained staff will review your proof of vaccination/PCR Test and ensure it matches your photo ID (for those over 18). Please plan to arrive early to allow time for check-in. Guests who do not comply will not be admitted.
Accepted proof of vaccination includes the following options:
- A physical vaccination card
- A picture of your vaccination card
- A digital vaccination record
Most California residents may request a digital vaccination record at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov.
Guests over the age of six (6) and those who need a reasonable accommodation for medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to entering a venue. Find No-Cost Testing here
- 16 years and older: Must show proof of vaccination; or if unable to be vaccinated due to a medical conditions or a sincerely held religious belief they must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to entering a venue.
- 12 - 15 year olds: Must either show proof of vaccination OR have a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours.
- 6 - 11 year olds: Must show proof of a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours.
- Under age 6: There is no requirement
This applies to all patrons and performers.
CHAMBER ORCHESTRA | Anthony Do-Hoon Kim*, Conductor & Barbara Scowcroft**, Guest Conductor
Rumanian Folk Dances** by Béla Bartók (1881–1945)
– Jocul cu bâtă
– Pe Loc
– Poargă Românească
Symphony No. 41 in C Major, K. 551, “Jupiter”* by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756–1791)
– Allegro vivace
– Andante cantabile
– Menuetto: Allegretto
– Molto allegro
SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA | Juan Cristóbal Palacios*, Conductor & Barbara Scowcroft**, Guest Conductor
Leonore Overture No. 3, Op. 72* by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770–1827)
Athalia Overture, Op. 74** by Felix Mendelssohn (1809–1847)
The Bartered Bride: Three Dances* by Bedřich Smetana (1824–1884), arr. H. Riesenfeld
Escondido, CA 92025 United States
San Diego Youth Symphony and Conservatory
(619) 233 3232
Chamber Orchestra, Ovation, Symphony Orchestra