- This event has passed.
Fall Concerts – Showcase Level Ensembles
Nov 13, 4:00 pm
Join us for the season’s first performances by ensembles in the Showcase intermediate-level program, including Philharmonia, Concert Winds, Wind Symphony, Concert Orchestra, and Sinfonia.
COVID-19 Policy for Guests and Performers
All guests and performers must show proof of full vaccination OR negative PCR test within 72 hours to enter performance venues.
- All guests over the age of 16 years must provide proof of being fully vaccinated OR a negative PCR test within 72 hours for entry (defined by the California Department of Public Health at this time as 14 days or more after receiving the second dose in a 2-dose series, or 14 days or more after receiving a single-dose vaccine).
- Trained staff will review your proof of vaccination/PCR Test and ensure it matches your photo ID (for those over 18). Please plan to arrive early to allow time for check-in. Guests who do not comply will not be admitted.
Accepted proof of vaccination includes the following options:
- A physical vaccination card
- A picture of your vaccination card
- A digital vaccination record
Most California residents may request a digital vaccination record at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov.
Guests over the age of six (6) and those who need a reasonable accommodation for medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to entering a venue. Find No-Cost Testing here
- 16 years and older: Must show proof of vaccination; or if unable to be vaccinated due to a medical conditions or a sincerely held religious belief they must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to entering a venue.
- 12 - 15 year olds: Must either show proof of vaccination OR have a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours.
- 6 - 11 year olds: Must show proof of a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours.
- Under age 6: There is no requirement
This applies to all patrons and performers.
PHILHARMONIA | Anthony Do-Hoon Kim, Conductor
Symphony No. 2 in D Major, Op. 43 – Jean Sibelius (1865–1957), arr. V. F. Leidig
Finale. Allegro moderato
Enigma Variations – Edward Elgar (1857–1934), arr. M. Barnard
Mazeppa by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840–1893), arr. S. Dackow
– Cossack Dance
CONCERT WINDS | Jessica Swift Lambrou, Conductor
Tripwire – JaRod Hall (b. 1991)
Lincolnshire Posy by Percy Aldridge Grainger (1882–1961), arr. M. Sweeney
– The Lost Lady Found
Primula by Yukiko Nishimura (b. 1967)
WIND SYMPHONY | Juan Cristóbal Palacios, Conductor
An Irish Ayre for Winds by Warren Barker (1923–2006)
Second Suite in F, Op. 28, No. 2 by Gustav Holst (1874–1934)
– Song without words
– Song of the Blacksmith
– Fantasia on the ‘Dargason’
American Visions by ravis J. Weller (b. 1973)
I n t e r m i s s i o n
CONCERT ORCHESTRA | Jessica Swift Lambrou, Conductor
Gipsy Overture by Merle J. Isaac (1898–1996)
Blue Tango by Leroy Anderson (1908–1975)
Rites of Tamburo by Robert W. Smith (b. 1958)
SINFONIA | Juan Cristóbal Palacios, Conductor
Three Dances from “Gayaneh” by Aram Khachaturian (1903–1978)
– Dance of the Maidens
American Salute by Morton Gould (1913–1996)
Symphonic Sketches by George Chadwick (1854–1931)
– Jubileeusic Program
Escondido, CA 92025 United States
San Diego Youth Symphony and Conservatory
(619) 233 3232
Concert Orchestra, Concert Winds, Philharmonia, Showcase, Sinfonia, Wind Symphony