Showcase Concerto Competition Final
Oct 22, 6:00 pm| Free – $10
Each year, talented students from San Diego Youth Symphony and Conservatory’s pre-professional Ovation and intermediate level Showcase ensemble programs compete in SDYS’ solo Concerto Competitions. Solo recital competitions provide musicians, both new and accomplished, with valuable performance training, inspiration from great performances by their fellow musicians, and a goal to strive toward in practicing and perfecting their craft. In addition to cash scholarship awards, the winners of both our Concerto Competitions gain the opportunity to perform as featured soloists in future San Diego Youth Symphony concerts.
Please stay tuned for a listing of finalists and judges for this year’s Concerto Competition.
COVID-19 Policy for Guests and Performers
All performers & guests over the age of 16 years must provide proof of being fully vaccinated for entry to the venue defined by the California Department of Public Health.
SDYS staff will review your proof of vaccination and ensure it matches your photo ID (for those over 18).
Students & ticket holders over the age of six and those who need a reasonable accommodation for medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours before entering a venue. At-home test results will not be accepted. Find No-Cost Testing locations.
Accepted proof of vaccination includes the following options:
- A physical vaccination card
- A picture of your vaccination card
- A digital vaccination record
Most California residents may request a digital vaccination record at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov.
* Failure to comply with these guidelines by student or attendee will result in exclusion from the concert.
- 16 years and older: Must show proof of vaccination.
- 12 - 15 year olds: Must either show proof of vaccination or have a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours.
- 6 - 11 year olds: Must show proof of a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours.
- Under age 6: There is no requirement
This counts for patrons and performers.
San Diego, CA 92103 United States