ChIMES “Picnic with a Purpose”
Sunday, July 24, 2022
2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
The Marston House
You can make a difference by giving young children the opportunity to learn through music.
Join us from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 24, 2022 at the historic Marston House in Balboa Park for a ChIMES “Picnic with a Purpose”.
Bring your own chair or blanket and enjoy gourmet picnic snacks, entertainment, performances, plus complimentary valet parking!
Ticket purchases and additional donations will benefit the “Kids Learning Through Music” M. Adler Lindberg Family scholarship fund, which provides music learning opportunities for young children through SDYS’ ChIMES program.
Special thanks to Save Our Heritage Organisation and the Marston House for hosting this event.
The SDYS ChIMES early childhood music program:
- Enhances child development while building healthy attachments between children and caregivers
- Features hands-on play with instruments, singing, movement, rhythm activities, percussion, and more.
- Develops children’s musical, motor, and aural skills and promotes school readiness both academically and socially.
- Creates pathways to ensemble-based programs as children get older.
- Partners with schools and community groups across the county to identify families in need and provide this very special opportunity to them. SDYS is always happy to meet new partners.
- Current and planned collaborations include:
- Chula Vista Elementary School District
- Liberty School through the NTC Foundation
- Monarch School for unhoused students
- HOPE (Helping Our Parenting-students Excel) program through the Learn4Life network of Charter Schools
- San Diego Unified School District Teen Parent Programming
- San Diego County Libraries
Help us make a difference!
- Your gift to the “Kids Learning Through Music” M. Adler Lindberg Fund supports scholarships to SDYS’ early childhood program ChIMES (Childhood Introduction to Music Education, with Smiles).
- Any amount helps make a difference and is appreciated! (Note: the cost for one child/caregiver to participate in a full session of ChIMES is $160)
- Funds are also used to pay for supplies, teaching artists, and more.
Thank you for your generosity and caring! We’ll send you updates so you can see the impact your gift has in communities across the region.