Kids Learning Through Music
The M. Adler Lindberg Family Scholarship Fund
You can make a difference by giving young children the opportunity to learn through music.
Your scholarship will give valuable preschool experience for underserved children. Studies show that children who participate in high-quality preschool programs are significantly more likely to graduate from high school and attend college and that music at an early age has additional benefits (see here for a great article):
- Enhanced brain development
- Stronger speech and language development
- Increased school readiness skills
- Improved pro-social skills, empathy, and self-esteem
The SDYS ChIMES early childhood music program:
- Enhances child development while building healthy attachments between children and caregivers
- Features hands-on play with instruments, singing, movement, rhythm activities, percussion, and more.
- Develops children’s musical, motor, and aural skills and promotes school readiness both academically and socially.
- Creates pathways to ensemble-based programs as children get older.
- Partners with schools and community groups across the county to identify families in need and provide this very special opportunity to them. SDYS is always happy to meet new partners.
- Current collaborations include:
- Chula Vista Elementary School District
- Liberty School through the NTC Foundation
- Child Development Associates
- Project Hope through the Diego Hills Charter Schools
- San Diego Unified School District Teen Parent Programming
Join us for our Picnic Fundraiser on October 16, 2021!
Join us at our Kids Learning Through Music picnic on October 16th at the Marston House.
Bring your own chair or blanket and enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch, entertainment, and performances to benefit a scholarship fund for low-income preschoolers.
Learn more and buy your tickets today!
Help us make a difference!
- Your gift to the Fund supports scholarships to SDYS’ early childhood program ChIMES (Childhood Introduction to Music Education, with Smiles).
- While any amount helps make a difference and is appreciated, a tax-deductible $125 donation can help SDYS offer a family from low-income or marginalized communities the opportunity to participate in a ChIMES program.
- A tax-deductible $2,500 donation endows one scholarship each year.
- Funds are also used to pay for supplies, teaching artists, and more.
Thank you for your generosity and caring! We’ll send you the ChIMES newsletter so you can see the impact your gift has in communities across the region.