Resources for SDYS students currently enrolled in the 2019-20 season.
The website link and password will be viewable on the My SDYS portal and sent in ensemble specific emails with session information sent each week.
Please review our current privacy measures for online interaction:
- Session invitations are sent to parents/the primary contact from My SDYS Portal.
- Passwords will be required for each session, starting Monday, April 20.
- Sessions will not begin until the host (teacher) is present.
- “Waiting rooms” will be set up to ensure that only SDYS students are admitted to the session.
- Private chats will be disabled.
- New Zoom session links will be sent each week.
- ONLY the host may screen share with participants unless permitted by the host.
- A password-protected page has been created for all conductor sessions and music theory information. Please click here or use the orange button above to visit the webpage.
- The website link and password will be viewable on the student/parent portal and sent in ensemble specific emails with session information each week.
Mr. Andrew’s and Mr. Ruben’s ensembles will be using Google Classroom and Zoom.
- Due to limitations with Google, our team has been unable to add parents/guardians and link them to student accounts. To ensure parents/guardians have access to the Classroom, parents/guardians will be invited as students moving forward and can email Brianda Felix at firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific questions about their child’s communication in the classroom.
- The Community Program Manager has access to ALL communication that takes place in the Classroom.
- Parents may contact their teaching artist directly through the Classroom with any specific musical questions.
- Students may join only with parent permission.
- Students will be invited via email only after receipt of parent approval.
- Students must be at least 14 years old to join.
- All group interactions on BAND.us will be regularly monitored by SDYS staff.
My SDYS Portal is the best place to find information on your attendance, enrollment and more. For help logging in, please contact a member of the Conservatory team at email@example.com or call at 619-233-3232 x 4.