Share your musical abilities, teaching skills, and work with fellow musicians in the Conservatory.
Have you always wanted to gain teaching experience? Become a mentor at SDYS!
Are you looking for a way to share your musical abilities, teaching skills, and meet fellow SDYS or Community Opus Project students? Students in the Ovation Program, Sinfonia, and Wind Symphony can apply to become a mentor in one of our many orchestras.
Teach, learn, and have fun being an SDYS Mentor
By enrolling, you can make new friends and get to know fellow musicians from SDYS by teaching together as a team of people. You will be able to work with Balboa Park ensembles on the weekend.
Our next full Mentor session begins Fall of 2019. In order to receive year-end recognition in our concert programs, students will be required to mentor a minimum of 4 times (2 hours each time) throughout the season. Students who mentor 7 times or more will receive an SDYS certificate in May 2020.
Mentors will be able to:
- Help teach and tune instruments
- Model within an ensemble
- Learn about becoming a music educator
- Fulfill high school volunteer hours
- Be recognized as a student mentor in year-end concert programs and receive an SDYS Certificate of Recognition upon completion
- Gain teaching experience as a mentor group
- Receive limited free SDYS concert tickets