SDYS offers tuition assistance so that all families can allow their children to experience the joy of music.
SDYS offers need-based tuition assistance to students and families with financial need. However, applying for tuition assistance does not guarantee approval. Tuition assistance is not available for the registration fee. Families can demonstrate financial need in one of the following ways:
- Submit proof of MediCal card with parent or student’s name, OR
- Submit proof of Section 8 Housing Voucher, OR
- Submit proof of School ID of the student attending a school that is 100% free or reduced lunch, OR
- Submit a school letter indicating they participate in a Federal Reduced School Lunch Program, OR
- Submit a two-page tuition assistance application along with a signed copy of your 2017 year’s tax return, schedule C, E, or others, and child support documents, if applicable.
PLEASE SEE THE MUSICIAN’S HANDBOOK FOR FULL DETAILS REGARDING TUITION ASSISTANCE APPLICATIONS.