SDYS offers tuition assistance so that all families can allow their children to experience the joy of music.
SDYS offers need-based tuition assistance, but applying for tuition assistance does not guarantee approval. Tuition assistance is not available for the registration fee.
Families can demonstrate financial need by submitting a two-page tuition assistance application WITH one of the following forms of support documentation:
- Copy of MediCal card with parent or student’s name, OR
- Proof of Section 8 Housing Voucher, OR
- Proof of School ID of the student attending a school that is 100% free or reduced lunch, OR
- School letter indicating they participate in a Federal Reduced School Lunch Program, OR
- A signed copy of your 2017 year’s tax return, Schedule C, E, or others, and child support documents, if applicable.
PLEASE SEE THE MUSICIAN’S HANDBOOK FOR FULL DETAILS REGARDING TUITION ASSISTANCE APPLICATIONS.