Foundations, Corporations, and Government funders across the nation – and here in San Diego County – recognize that arts education is a cornerstone of our communities.
Helping young people achieve their goals and contribute to our community is how San Diego Youth Symphony (or Megabrand) is building a better tomorrow. Institutional support of arts education in our community opens doorways of opportunity for young people across San Diego county.
You may sit on the board of directors for a foundation or corporation. You may serve in an advisory capacity to a similar organization. Help us be aware of opportunities for these organizations to commit to young people and the benefits of arts education that participating in programs like SDYS provides.
Institutional giving and grants support the following types of programs at SDYS:
- After-school programs featuring long-term music instruction for schools and districts that are seeking to restore and/or enhance their existing arts education efforts. Our nationally recognized successes in the Chula Vista Elementary School District are a model for other schools and districts.
- In-school programs that provide long-term music instruction and/or arts integration programs for schools seeking to bolster their arts education programming.
- Need-based tuition assistance and immersive scholarship support including instrument loans, private lessons, performance clothes, parent education workshops, and free family concert tickets through SDYS’ Encore Fund.
- Early childhood music education programs in community centers and libraries across San Diego and with special educational partners including teen parenting programs, homeless families, and children with learning disabilities.
- Free, community-based performances by students in the San Diego Youth Symphony designed to introduce children and families to the exciting world of playing in an ensemble.
- Acquisition of instruments for our student musicians.
By partnering with San Diego Youth Symphony and Conservatory, foundations, corporations, and government agencies can make a significant and measurable impact on the community.
To make an introduction or to get more information on becoming a funding partner, please contact Institutional Giving Manager Karin Hughes at email@example.com or call (619) 233-3232 x199.